The Mechanic A&P responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain the aircraft in accordance with aircraft manufacturer manuals and FARs and Company policies.
- Maintain the aircraft with safety and high standards in mind at all times.
- Must be a High School Graduate or GED.
- Must have a valid Driver License.
- Must have a FAA A&P certificate.
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to ascend/descend ladders, stairs and work stands unassisted.
- Must be able to bend, kneel, crawl and stoop frequently in confined spaces.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds unassisted.
- Must be willing to work in an environment that is subject to changing climate conditions and moderate noise levels.
- Must have excellent communication and people skills.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment in a Team environment as well as in aircraft maintenance and safety.
- Must have problem solving and organizational skills.
- Must be able to read and understand Company and Manufacturer Manuals.
- Position is subject to pre-employment and random DOT drug testing.
- Must be able to travel to field stations to make repairs.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- Apply online by clicking here.
A&P Mechanic in Lansing, MI
Building Jet/Turbine Engines
- Building NextGen commercial aircraft engines with one of the biggest names in engine manufacturing
- Cutting, sizing, and measuring state of the art composite materials in accordance with process sheet instructions
- Disassembly and assembly of aircraft components
- Manipulating state of the art materials by stretching and heating to secure material to form molds
- Performing composite and metal fabrication as well as finishing work within extremely tight tolerances to achieve required quality requirements
- Union Shop
- Fortune 50 Company
- Potential for long term career – after 80-120 day probation period, employ will be converted to a permanent employee and be accepted into the union
- Previous experience in a production manufacturing environment with a proven capability to perform complex tasks is required
- A&P certification
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- High school diploma required
Contact Derek Snyder at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Job Title: Structural Technician
Reports To: Structural Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible to perform structural fabrications in support of installations, inspections, alterations, maintenance and preventative maintenance including line maintenance performed on aircraft and systems covered under our repair station certificate and operational specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Perform installations, inspections, alterations, maintenance and preventative maintenance including line maintenance performed on aircraft and systems covered under our repair station certificate and operational specifications.
- Ensure all required records and documentation are properly and thoroughly executed.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work environment.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance;
- Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others; Builds knowledge base from research and experience.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner;
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly, concisely and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment;
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Follows up on assigned tasks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Five-plus years of related work experience in heavy structural modification.
- Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Certification
- Five-plus years of related work experience in heavy structural modification.
- Familiarity and experience with all applicable Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations.
- Familiarity and experience with the field’s concepts, practices and procedures.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, blueprints, product and component specifications, data sheets and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively communicate technical details, design concepts, analysis results, and substantiation via verbal or written mediums.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer skills and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to read and interpret figures, graphs and plots. Ability to validate work using verification techniques. Strong time management and organizational skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, reach with hands and arms and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to sit talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. May be exposed to high voltage electricity.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Personal Protective Equipment may be required when working in designated areas. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
VINCENNES UNIVERSITY AVIATION TECHNOLOGY CENTER
Title: Chief Flight Instructor
Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
CFI, CFII, MEI
Chief Flight Instructor (Qualified by FAA standards)
FAA part 141 flight school experience
Minimum 1,000 flight hours, 100 multi-engine
Minimum Second Class Medical
Aviation teaching experience
Higher education experience
Experience working with the FAA
Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
Proficiency with Microsoft Office and aviation software
Ability to juggle multiple tasks and responsibilities at once
Availability to work evenings and weekends as needed
Manage flight schedule and flight operations
Manage flight faculty
Teach students to fly
Develop and maintain operations manual, student policy handbook, and emergency procedures/ reporting
Determine student proficiency
Coordinate maintenance of aircraft
Provide operations training for flight faculty
Prepare and maintain FAA documents
Maintain FAA and University historical records
Assist in managing the work study students
Participate in on-campus and off-campus events
Provide operational support to the Director of Aviation
Welcome visitors to the flight program and facilitate next steps
Other related duties as assigned
VU is committed to diversity in the college community.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to Vincennes University, Human Resources, 1002 North First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591 or email to email@example.com. Interviews may be held concurrently with the advertising period. AA/EOE
Commercial Airlines Research Intern
Position Location and Duration
This position is based in the Fort Lauderdale, Florida office of CIT Aerospace. Duration of the internship shall be at least fourteen (14) weeks between January 4 and May 6, 2016.
CIT Aerospace is seeking a highly talented individual to support the Sales/Marketing team. The intern position is an exciting opportunity to gain aircraft leasing/financing industry exposure via one of the world’s leading aircraft leasing organizations. The internship is paid – rate is dependent upon standing in school (junior, senior, MBA, etc.).
Daily responsibilities may include:
Supporting the Marketing Team
Various research projects analyzing market trends, regional markets and developments
Different types of analyses such as business plan, target market, and aircraft portfolios through various primary and secondary sources
Produce Visit Packs
Provide VP with relevant information about the customer prior to VP’s visit/call
Take minutes from Marketing Calls
Attend weekly Marketing meetings and take notes/meeting minutes
Generate Deal Summaries
Summarize legal documents
Coordinate various projects with Technical, Risk Management, Legal, Asset Management, and New Aircraft purchasing groups within CIT Aerospace
Work with sales/marketing personnel on ad-hoc projects
The ideal candidate shall be pursuing or have attained a Bachelor's degree or higher in Business although other aviation centric majors will be considered. The candidate should have familiarity and understanding of the commercial aviation industry. In addition, the candidate should have:
Strong attention to detail
Ability to manage numerous time-sensitive projects in addition to everyday duties
Capable of gathering, analyzing, interpreting and summarizing data
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Expertise in Excel, including pivot tables, being able to create meaningful charts
Excellent interpersonal skills
Knowledge of commercial aircraft types
A passion for aviation
Motivated and goal-oriented attitude
Positive and energetic self-starter who will work both independently and as part of a team
Strong organizational and good presentation skills
Preferred candidates will be a Junior, Senior, or Graduate student of an accredited university.
Selected candidate must pass drug screening and background check.
Resumes and cover letters must be received by October 23, 2015 to be considered for the Spring internship. Please send the information to:
Assistant Vice President
About CIT Aerospace
As one of the world's leading aircraft leasing organizations, CIT Aerospace provides leasing and financing packages, including operating leases and structuring and advisory services, for commercial airlines worldwide. CIT Aerospace owns, finances and manages a fleet of more than 350 commercial aircraft servicing approximately 100 customers in 55 countries. cit.com/aerospace
Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with more than $65 billion in assets. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has more than $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. cit.com
HACU NATIONAL INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
One Dupont Circle NW Suite 430
Washington, DC 20036
Jan. 14 - Apr. 30
Oct. 30, 2015
Jun. 3 — Aug. 13
Jun. 17 — Aug. 27
Final Deadline: Feb. 15, 2016
Aug. 25 —Dec. 10
June 17, 2016
Gain work experience, acquire new skills, and grow your professional net-work all the while living in a new city! Federal and corporate internships are available in the nation’s capitol and in numerous cities across the US. Be part of the more than 10,000 former interns who have taken on the challenge and have used their internships to launch their professional careers.
To be eligible, students must:
Be enrolled in a degree-seeking program, at either the undergraduate or graduate level. Recent graduates are eligible for a limited number of internships.
Have completed freshman year
Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
Be authorized to work by law in the U.S.
Weekly Pay Rates:
Travel and Housing
Round-trip airfare is arranged and paid for by HACU
Housing accommodations can be arranged by HACU
Interns may be eligible to receive academic credit at their educational institution. HACU can facilitate the process to ensure the necessary documentation is submitted.
WANT TO PARTICIPATE?
Apply online at www.hacu.net/hnip
Aerial Survey Pilot
Sandhills Aviation LLC is a start up Aerial survey venture. The owner is a veteran survey pilot, and survey fleet manager who will have his business up and running come December 2015. The company is located in Lincoln Nebraska and is a newly founded Pictometry vendor looking for pilots for the upcoming imaging season.
Sandhills Aviation LLC is looking for commercial pilots with instrument ratings (preferred to have multiengine rating also) to fly Cessna 172’s for the 2015-2016 imaging season. 50+ hours in the past six months, and least a 2nd class medical, low time pilots okay. During the season one could expect to fly 500-700 hours, and the season lasts from December 15 – May 30. Pilots will be on the road, away from Lincoln, NE for almost the entire season.
This is a single pilot position where you will build great hand flying skills along with strengthening your radio communication. Not to mention flying all over the US to new survey locations after completing projects. For more information please contact Steven Sherwood at Sandhills.firstname.lastname@example.org
The Kalamazoo/Battle Creek International Airport is now accepting applications for an Airport Internship position. The purpose of the internship is to provide a student with a professional introduction into airport operations, facility management, marketing and finance, to support the airport with various tasks and projects, as well as, to receive valuable work experience in the aviation field. The internship is a great opportunity to network in the aviation industry.
Essential functions, duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
Prepare a variety of reports including concessions, fuel use, market share and MDOT.
Conduct tours of the Airport
Assists the public on the phone or in person, and direct them to appropriate personnel.
Perform other duties with various airport departments.
The position is located at the Kalamazoo/Battle Creek International Airport. It is a part time, 20 hours per week position at $8.15 per hour. Expected duration is approximately six months. The schedule is flexible during regular business hours (8:00 AM – 5:00 PM) to accommodate school schedules.
Qualifications & Experience:
Junior or Senior status in the Western Michigan University College of Aviation.
Microsoft Office experience
Strong written and verbal communications skills
A valid driver license with the ability to successfully pass a driver’s records check
Ability to pass drug screening, and criminal background check.
Ability to work independently
Ability to manage time and multi-task effectively
A strong work ethic with the ability act professionally and maintain confidentiality
Please forward you resume, cover letter and references to:
Mr. Eric Epplett
WMU College of Aviation
All applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 23, 2015.
Commodity Manager - Procurement & Supply Chain
American Airlines is working hard to become the greatest airline in the world. As we build momentum, we are looking for people who want to be part of this vision.
Join us for a job with endless possibilities.
Looking for a company where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You’ve come to the right place.
The Commodity Manager position is an interesting, challenging and strategic position focusing on continuous improvement within a dynamic, profitable, industry leading company. Commodity Managers lead supplier sourcing/selection activities and successfully manage the supplier relationship to ensure supply chains deliver quality goods and services in a timely manner and cost effectively. Opportunities may be available in several different areas; Corporate Purchasing, Human Resources Vendor Management, Information Technology, Vendor Management and Technical Operations Procurement. American Airlines offers a robust benefits package, including travel privileges for employees, family and friends.
Represents the company and serves as the principal commercial intermediary in business transactions with both internal and external organizations
Creates, negotiates, implements and manages long term purchase agreements while effectively developing and promoting strategic partnerships with suppliers
Accountable for managing the cost of products and services while acting in a leadership/facilitator role as the manager of product/service and supplier strategies
Performs all required strategic sourcing functions, from establishing internal stakeholder requirements to the completion of acceptable purchase contracts that brings measurable value to the corporation
Responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive strategic programs which meet the needs of the internal stakeholders while addressing pricing, acquisition, total cost, lead-time and supply
A potential team leader with strong customer orientation
Ability/flexibility to negotiate and mediate
Self-directed and resourceful with the ability to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks with exhibited follow through and initiative.
Advanced business understanding particularly in project management, commodity markets, early supplier involvement, total cost management and financial analysis
Understanding and use of technical tools for analysis, problem solving, forecasting and quality improvement
Skilled in organizational and interpersonal dealings
Excellent oral and written communication skills
High ethical standards
Self- starter with high sense of urgency and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Moderate to extensive travel
Work experience demonstrating knowledge and application of these requirements
Bachelor’s degree required